Lisa Edelstein, in her 20s at the time, was just as big of an activist as she is now she wrote, directed, and acted in a play called Positive Me. In which she raised awareness about HIV/AIDS and let others see that it wasn't someone's fault for getting the disease. The play was played in the La Mama theater in New York City. From there the young actress went on to bigger things where she could use her spotlight to raise awareness for things she had passion for.
One of the reason's I like Lisa as much as I do is because she does things like this. I would say I'm an activist and I usually do it for Save the Children and Children in Africa do suffer from AIDS and today is all about everyone who has suffered it and it is to raise awareness for the cause that this disease is brutal and there needs to be more research to find a cure.
Every year I tweet the lyrics to the first part of Positive Me I started to but then I realized the 140 limit is quite annoying so here they are:
Boy: I really want to be inside of you
Lisa: *gasp* --
I mean I do not want to ask him because I really do not know just what to say
I mean I do say "hey wait put this on" in the middle of the act oh god no way
I mean god its so embarrassing to turn the lamp from off to dim
I mean gross I'd have to see it worse he'd probably make me put it on him
Oh its a condom! It's this girls man made nightmare,
Oh god a condom just when I got over pubic hair and all the stuff down there
I mean my mother says if I can't deal with condoms
I shouldn't deal with intercourse
She says its me I'm missing nothing it'll be his lose its not the cause
And friends suggest I go buy condoms and
Get used to how they feel by putting them on fruit
They say its better to put rubber than to sign your own death warranty
But the guys real cute
But I hate condoms, the way they look and smell and taste and feel
I really really hate condoms, they make me nauseous my head starts to reel
They have no sex appeal
I think they're cool to use as a balloon
I'd love to blow one up and kick it around the room
But I mean god I'm sorry, don't put one near my body
Besides that he looks healthy, I'll never be exposed to H-I-V
And I hate condoms, I trust him anyways
Yes I hate condoms, I mean what can I say....
Hope it's my lucky day.....
-end scene- haha I think its adorable... and her NY accent is super cute :)
Here's a clip of that scene and the next... too bad they don't have the full play somewhere
No comments:
Post a Comment